20 lbs Gone – BAM!! 9 Weight Loss Motivators That are Keeping me Going
I lost 20 lbs and plan on them staying lost FOREVER!!! I’ve felt so fabulous and so motivated lately. Thought I’d share my motivation and what is keeping my hand out of the cookie jar:
1. Stepping on the scale this am and seeing this: and not this:
2. Going from the size that shall not be named back into a 12 and anticipating fitting back into my 10′s and 8′s
3. Going from “obese” to “overweight” — My Dr. told me this joyfully during my last visit. Hearing that was bittersweet.
4. “Shopping” in my own closet, fitting into cute tops and pants that haven’t fit in ages
5. Reveling in knowing that I’ll never hear, “I’m sorry, we only go up to a 14, you’ll have to order that from our catalog.” again
6. Feeling good
7. Looking good and once again getting attention from guys (1st date at Signature Room this Friday.)
8. Realizing that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels
9. Running an hour and 1/2 (all at once! Not over several days.) When I started working out, I was jog / walking for 40 minutes. Now I can run and run with only short breaks for water and 2-3 minute walks
That’s it for now. Just 20 lbs to go before I’m at my post weight gain weight. I’ll have to decide if stopping there makes sense or if I should keep going and take another 10 off. I look pretty good in the mid 140′s but the weight charts say I should be 135. More on my opinion on that later.